Tuesday, December 18, 2007

'Empty Haram' Or So I Thought

Today I fasted as it was the day of Arafat, the most important day in the Hajj. Then for Isha we went to the Haram. I thought it would be very empty as most people must be in the Hajj but reaching there we found out it wasn't so. There was much rush with more ladies than men. My mum and dad told me it must be the people from nearby villages and towns reserving places for the Eid prayer tomorrow. It must be around 7 in the morning when the Eid prayer will take place. But after that the rush particularly near the Kaabah seemed to reduce. We sat there for some time then we went out. Opposite to the Haram are many towers with shopping centres and hotels in them. We usually go to the Hilton. In there my little brother had a doughnut and remaining of us had Cinnabons. After eating it there we cam home by taxi. In these days we don't use the car as there won't be any place to park it.

I would have put up some pictures I took but my brother is currently playing with the mobile in which I took the pictures, so I will try some other time.

No comments: